Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Downloaded a AVI File and Nedd to burn it to DVD- How do I Burn it or Convert it?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2005, 10:14 AM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downloaded a AVI File and Nedd to burn it to DVD- How do I Burn it or Convert it?

Just downloaded some Avi files and want to burn it to a dvd to watch it on my DVD player, How can i do this. Do i need to convert the file ?

I have ther Latest Nero and a DVD Writter.

HELP ME -- Thanks
Old 15 May 2005, 10:33 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

you are going to need to convert to a dvd compliant file i.e mpeg2 and 48khz sound. TMPG encoder will do this. cheaper just to buy a Divx Dvd player that will play divx avi files straight off.

i think Aria tecnology where selling a Crystal divx player for about 25 quid this weekend.

cheers

sinky
Old 15 May 2005, 10:52 AM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
you are going to need to convert to a dvd compliant file i.e mpeg2 and 48khz sound. TMPG encoder will do this. cheaper just to buy a Divx Dvd player that will play divx avi files straight off.

i think Aria tecnology where selling a Crystal divx player for about 25 quid this weekend.

cheers

sinky
You could always burn it as a VCD (depending on the codec that it is encoded with) as most DVD players have support for this VCD.

Either way, like the previous dude said, Nero can handle it... and VCD

Frank
Old 15 May 2005, 11:28 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

yes vcds are mpeg1 file. you can just drag and drop onto a dvd within nero and most new dvd player will recognise it as a vcd. if you are wanting menus etc etc then it will need to be compliant dvd files, so a re-encode is necessary. then you will have to take youe MPEG2 file and put them into VOB format. a program like DVD LAB will do this. you can create your own menus, chapter stops and scene selections. quite a nifty piece of software, but if you c an get your hands on the Pro version so much the better.

cheers

sinky
Old 15 May 2005, 11:14 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap Imports
Just downloaded some Avi files and want to burn it to a dvd to watch it on my DVD player, How can i do this. Do i need to convert the file ?

I have ther Latest Nero and a DVD Writter.

HELP ME -- Thanks
Check this out www.videohelp.com will give you guides and what software you need to accomplish this.
Old 15 May 2005, 11:21 PM
Jap Imports
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your help, I Have got a program called Videowave 7 Pro made by roxio, Seems to be quite good, But we will See.