Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

NTL Email

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2005, 09:31 AM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTL Email

Anybody having problems receiving stuff I have just sent myself a test mail and not got it back even though it checked ????
Old 25 February 2005, 11:04 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I haven't been able to access my old NTL email account for the last few days.
It's not my primary account so I've not really bothered to chase NTL about it.
Old 25 February 2005, 11:16 AM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

more info

Many of NTL's 1.4m Internet surfers were hit by a serious e-mail outage yesterday, which followed an unspecified problem at the Winnersh data centre:

Punters began suffering intermittent email problems two days ago but matters worsened overnight.

An ntl tech support statement says: "Due to technical issues in one of our core sites ntlworld internet customers may currently be unable to access some, or all, of their incoming email accounts, and are likely to either see an error message, or be repeatedly asked for their username and password."
Old 25 February 2005, 12:05 PM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nicks VR4
more info

Many of NTL's 1.4m Internet surfers were hit by a serious e-mail outage yesterday, which followed an unspecified problem at the Winnersh data centre:

Punters began suffering intermittent email problems two days ago but matters worsened overnight.

An ntl tech support statement says: "Due to technical issues in one of our core sites ntlworld internet customers may currently be unable to access some, or all, of their incoming email accounts, and are likely to either see an error message, or be repeatedly asked for their username and password."
...or the messages just vanish into the ether

About time for a change of ISP me thinks - this seems to happen more and more frequently. I changed my cable TV cos it was crap from NTL to SKY, now looks like the crap that affected the TV is now affecting the bradband as well. I did wonder how the broadband could actually be any good when the TV was so bad
Old 25 February 2005, 12:23 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I've had NTL broadband for about 3 years now, and in that time, I think I've had a total of about 2 days downtime. My brother is with BT and he has had far more problems.

The grass is always greener.....
Old 25 February 2005, 12:53 PM
toe
Scooby Regular

same problems here i thought i`d buggered it but glad ive seen this post, ive had ntl broadband for around 2years & apart from it running slow a few times this is the 1st main problem ive had