Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Mac OSX - FTP and PHP

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2005, 07:27 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mac OSX - FTP and PHP

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good, clear, guides on how to easily setup a free FTP server and to enable PHP on my G5?

I have a G5 hosted somewhere and need to set up both these services, it is running OSX server but my home machine is not. Will the process be different. I am guessing I should be able to set it all up at home, check everything works OK then do the same process on the other one...

Cheers,
Rich
Old 14 February 2005, 09:53 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

PHP is already installed, just do php --version from a terminal window. FTP server is built-in too, just the server on in the Sharing pane of System Preferences or for a bit more manipulation use the free PureFTPd Manager

Cheers,
Alex
Old 14 February 2005, 09:13 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Hmm, I knew PHP was installed but a simple file test.php with some PHP in it doesn't seem to work...

Also I was under the impression PureFTPManager is the front end to PureFTP not the built in OSX FTP server isn't it?
Old 15 February 2005, 07:24 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichB
Hmm, I knew PHP was installed but a simple file test.php with some PHP in it doesn't seem to work...

Also I was under the impression PureFTPManager is the front end to PureFTP not the built in OSX FTP server isn't it?
Yes PureFTPdMgr is a front to PureFTPd, I was a little off base when I linked it to the built-in FTP.

For PHP support in Apache, go to http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/