Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Download probs continue ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2005, 05:40 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Download probs continue ??!!

Help, can someone explain to a non computer expert just how to rectify the following ??

whenever I go to click on a file off the net to download ( last one was an update to ie6 from my ie5 ) I get my windows media player opening as soon as I press the download now box and the message telling me that this progs will not open or whatever what I am downloading.

can someone just explain what I need to exactly press to change my settings so that say when I press the download ie6 now button it will download in the appropriatte place.

what is it you press to get the menu option to " open programme with " choice ?? and if I manage to get this option what choice will I have to pick to download this sort off programe ??

using w98 pc.

any help would as always be very much appreciatted,
cheers,
john
Old 15 January 2005, 07:27 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

john, if you right click and press shift (at the same time ) on an icon you should get the "open with" dialogue in 98. Other than that it sounds like you media player has associated itself with something it does not need. try updataing or removing media player first, then try again.

Last edited by mj; 15 January 2005 at 07:30 PM.