Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

My PC is screwed up - Any REAL IT guru's out there

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2005, 12:29 PM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My PC is screwed up - Any REAL IT guru's out there

I'm pretty clued up on PC's and how they operate etc etc but today I've came across a new problem.

PC is a Tiny machine with XP pre-installed and only SP1 installed (due to lock-ups & initial conflicts with SP2 before)

Last night PC was working fine

This morning I turn on PC and during BIOS checks etc I noticed a message saying changes had been made to boot up, press F1 to continue. I do this then I get the usual XP login welcome screen, when I select the profile I get a message telling me that Windows Product Activation is required. I select yes and my desktop background appears then a pop up tells me Windows is already activated press OK to exit. When I do this it logs me back to the welcome screen. This is repeated regardless of who trys to login. I can boot up in safe mode with no internet connection etc etc and I can't even run Norton AV to check the PC. I even managed to restore to 3rd Jan but to no avail.

I called Tiny support at £1 per minute and they advised me to use the reload CD. However when the PC reboots it tells me the BIOS is locked and to call the system manufacturer but the reload disk worked OK when I done a full restore in Nov 2004. I called them back and they're sending me another disk but that will take 5-7 days

Can anyone advise of a solution. I've already managed to back-up stuff and transfer to DVD so not too worried at losing data. Just need my PC to work OK.

Thank God I've got the kids PC hooked up to the broadband though
Old 06 January 2005, 01:10 PM
cong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like you did some damage to your registry files and its got somfin to do with the fact your tryin to bring it back to a old date before windows was registered(confusing or what?)