Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dirty laptops

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2004, 10:14 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty laptops

No not the muddy ones or the ones full of ****. Im taking as in bringing laptops that have been "in the wild" on high speed lines into the company network They need access to email and basic printing over IP. Can anyone suggest how we can stop them from contaminating the LAN proper, ie has anyone else had this before and how have they fixed it ? I was thinking stopping certain ports etc at the local switch but its only an idea.
Old 13 December 2004, 11:52 AM
Davie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stueyb
No not the muddy ones or the ones full of ****. Im taking as in bringing laptops that have been "in the wild" on high speed lines into the company network They need access to email and basic printing over IP. Can anyone suggest how we can stop them from contaminating the LAN proper, ie has anyone else had this before and how have they fixed it ? I was thinking stopping certain ports etc at the local switch but its only an idea.
This is something i also need to solve.

Have a look at Microsofts NAP (W2K3), cisco have got a rather nice one too.

i thought about setting up a DMZ for laptop users, and writing something to the logon script to update them when they connect. but that's as far as i got..