Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Kodak Easyshare + XP SP2

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2004, 09:06 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodak Easyshare + XP SP2

Installing SP2 is the only thing I can think of that may have had the influence to make my camera stop talking to the PC. Either through the camera dock or directly with the USB cable. I can see and retrieve what's on the camera through My Computer, but I like the way Easyshare puts everything into folders according to date, the way all my photos are at present.

When telling it to transfer via Easyshare it sometimes says 'retrieving device contents' but gets stuck part way through doing it and never recovers. If I throw up the window to transfer manually, it doesn't see the camera being there at all.

The camera is a DX3600 which is a few years old now, have now updated easyshare but it makes no difference. Going to try a fresh install of the old easyshare now, but anyone else have any ideas? IIRC there were some issues with digicams and SP2, not found much useful from searching though.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben
Old 20 October 2004, 10:51 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you should say this but I've had problems transferring pics etc from my Nokias since installing SP2.
Contacted helpline and say they are looking into it.
Both a 6600 and a 7250i not working with sp2.
Alas