Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cashflow forecast freeware

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2004, 07:35 PM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Location: Holder of six fairy tokens, from the land of green ginger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cashflow forecast freeware

Please can anyone recommend freeware for cashflow forecasting?
Any help appreciated!!

CC
Old 13 September 2004, 09:17 PM
Pete The Biker
Scooby Regular

Loads of different spreadsheets here: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

I haven't used any of them myself, but the Business Link one "Business Link - The principles of cashflow forecasting" looks quite good at first glance.

I see loads of the things at work, and the key thing is to understand what assumptions underlie the figures you put in. In other words you can put any old rubbish into a spreadsheet and it will look very nice and add up - but it's still all rubbish. Too many times cashflow forecasts ("CFF") just show a debt at the beginning and cash rolling in like it was going out of fashion!

If you are presenting your CFF to someone else e.g. to raise finance, you need to document what your assumptions are, and understand how the various figures move in relation to each other - e.g. if sales rise, how much impact will that have on your costs? In other words, a sensitivity analysis - things will never go according to plan, so which are the key elements you need to control, and what are the implications of your assumptions being wrong?

Hope this helps.

Pete

Last edited by Pete The Biker; 13 September 2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 13 September 2004, 09:47 PM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

I used the Business Link version recently, seems like a good sheet
Old 13 September 2004, 10:06 PM
Pete The Biker
Scooby Regular

By the way, the best forecasting software would integrate the CFF with the Balance Sheet and the Profit & Loss statement, so that you can see the full picture. I don't think you would get that for free - a well known one is Winforecast by Sage, but that costs £400-500. Details here http://www.accounting-software-shop....nforecast.html
Old 14 September 2004, 08:51 AM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pete The Biker
By the way, the best forecasting software would integrate the CFF with the Balance Sheet and the Profit & Loss statement, so that you can see the full picture. I don't think you would get that for free - a well known one is Winforecast by Sage, but that costs £400-500. Details here http://www.accounting-software-shop....nforecast.html
Pete,

Many thanks for your help.
I've prepared business plan with stand alone software from bank so will try the software you suggested for the CFF alone. Once business is up and running will have Sage based system I believe, fully integrated.
I note your comments regarding assumptions and will include these for bank when presented.
Many thanks again for taking the time to help!

CC
Old 14 September 2004, 09:27 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

and if you want something that helps you collect your cash and works with sage Ive done this line 50 add-on available as a 30 day free trial.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

cheers

Gary
Old 14 September 2004, 09:34 AM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryK
and if you want something that helps you collect your cash and works with sage Ive done this line 50 add-on available as a 30 day free trial.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

cheers

Gary
Thanks, Gary.
I've a projected start up of late October so will certainly have a look at your add on then.

CC