Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Netscape

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2004, 01:57 PM
Barrie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Netscape

Hopefully a simple question....

Have downloaded netscape following some advice in another post, however now when I view the page I want to look at the menu bar does not expand.

In IE when the mouse was held over the menu bar it expanded out to give a range of options, now nothing happens using netscape?

Is this a problem with the site or with netscape?

Thanks for any advice, this is work related and I need to get it working today as I need to review the info on the site!
Old 29 August 2004, 05:16 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Both.

It's likely that the site has been coded incorrectly, and so is not cross browser compatible (only works with ie). Also Netscape is no longer developed, so I wouldn't recommend anyone to install it. You'd be much better off with mozilla / firefox...
Old 29 August 2004, 05:34 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Agree with Iain,

Once a web page is designed and placed on the net, all browsers (netscape, mozilla, ie) should be able to display it without problems.

Sadly, Microsoft in their infinite wisdom(!) created a web design package called FRONTPAGE, which when used to design websites, only makes them work properly when viewed with Internet Explorer!

Most of the people who use MS Frontpage are typically beginners, and have no real knowledge of HTML, etc... They're oblivious to the problem.