Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard/Mouse?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2004, 10:56 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microsoft Wireless Keyboard/Mouse?

I am looking at getting one of these and have seen one, well two, but cannot see what the difference is - one is a MS Keyboard/Mouse Optical Executive and the other a MS Keyboard/Mouse Optical Elite.

They are around £55 and they are about £1-£2 difference in price, but does any one know what the difference between the two are (spec wise)???
Old 13 August 2004, 08:40 AM
mark_h
Scooby Regular

Microsoft only make 3 wireless mice (see here) - Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer® for Bluetooth®, Wireless IntelliMouse® Explorer and Wireless Optical Mouse. Anything else is either an old product, or just fancy packaging.
Old 13 August 2004, 12:35 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

I've got the Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer. I bought it before the bluetooth version came out.

It's a nice mouse and comes with Optical and wireless which was my only criteria when choosing the thing.

The only draw back is the lag when playing games sometimes (hence why I use a standard PS/2Intellexplorer mouse) and then use my big mouse for general browsing etc..

Darren
Old 13 August 2004, 06:23 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Don't think I made much sense?

I have been looking at the "Desktop set" packages i.e. this one - http://www.microsoft.com/uk/mouseand...s.aspx?pid=016

But there is an elite version and a Executive but I can't seem to find what the difference is and they are only a few quid difference in price? These are also new products out, well according to MS web site.

Any ideas?
Old 13 August 2004, 06:55 PM
mark_h
Scooby Regular

There are 6 colour options for the Wireless IntelliMouse, the Executive Desktop Set comes with the "Black Leather" option. This has a slightly different finish to the others, but I don't know if this is just an effect or it really is leather.

Metallic Grey:

Black Leather: