Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Graphics card installation problem

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2004, 08:12 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Graphics card installation problem

Hi all

As per previous threads I had to get a new graphics card, it is a PCi card replacing the Integrated Graphics that came with the PC,followed the instructions in the manual.....
Remove programmes - remove Intel Integrated graphics
shut down installed new pci card plugged monitor into card
System recognises card shows on screen before windows boots
windows boots up recognises new Nvidia card, then it all goes pear shaped
before I can even attempt to install the drivers for the pci card, the computer recognises the Intel Integrated Graphics and loads up, thus causing a conflict between the two and the pc freezes up, I then have to un plug the Pci card re boot and everything is back to normal, then uninstall the IIGfx again and go through the same process, again same problem, anyone know a way around this its doing my heed in, also looked in device manager and there is nothing in there relating to the Intel I Gfx.

Help !!

Thanks
Dave
Old 27 July 2004, 08:20 AM
hybwrx2002
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Hi all

As per previous threads I had to get a new graphics card, it is a PCi card replacing the Integrated Graphics that came with the PC,followed the instructions in the manual.....
Remove programmes - remove Intel Integrated graphics
shut down installed new pci card plugged monitor into card
System recognises card shows on screen before windows boots
windows boots up recognises new Nvidia card, then it all goes pear shaped
before I can even attempt to install the drivers for the pci card, the computer recognises the Intel Integrated Graphics and loads up, thus causing a conflict between the two and the pc freezes up, I then have to un plug the Pci card re boot and everything is back to normal, then uninstall the IIGfx again and go through the same process, again same problem, anyone know a way around this its doing my heed in, also looked in device manager and there is nothing in there relating to the Intel I Gfx.

Help !!

Thanks
Dave
Turn on the pc, go into the bios. It should say what button to press. (DElete or F1, something like that)
Look through the pages in there, should be something about Integrated Graphics. Which you can then disable. Change nothing else! Save changes then exit.

If your pc shows nothing on the screen, then it should have worked. Change the monitor lead over to the new graphics card and continue from there.
Old 27 July 2004, 08:32 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Hi
I had a look in the Bios and under "integrated" and once inside there was nothing specific to the Intel Integrated gfx just what looked like technical specs and sound related stuff, when I get home I'll go into and note what is listed maybe that would help rather than this vague reply..
Old 27 July 2004, 08:50 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah somewhere in there is a reference to the on board graphics - as has already been said just need to turn it off.....
Old 27 July 2004, 10:09 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Nice one thanks