Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Motherboard Bios Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2004, 09:28 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Motherboard Bios Trouble

Just built my new computer based on the ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard. When I first turned on the computer it booted to the BIOS no probs and everything worked except it would not locate my two cd drives connected to the secondary IDE port. I then decided to update the BIOS using the built in AwardBios flash utility. Halfway through the computer reset and now all I get is

Bios checksum error
locating media on floppy A ...

The floppy drive light stays on and the computer will not boot.

I have tried reflashing but it will not read a disk and also reset the RTC RAM and I still get the same.

Anyone know how I can fix it and if not do you reckon I can get a rfund on the board as it is only 4 days old!

Cheers
Old 23 May 2004, 12:43 AM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can recover from a bad flash by creating a boot floppy with the awdflash utility and the bios flash file.

You then create an autoexec.bat file that contains a command with the utility name, bios file and associated switches (something like awdflash biosname.bin /p /e /sn)

Cheers,

A.