Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help! Getting bombarded with 100+ virus emails a day

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2004, 09:56 PM
Les H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Getting bombarded with 100+ virus emails a day

This started about a week ago now, just suddenly getting all these emails with virus files attached, Norton picks them up OK but its starting to really hack me off now, having to delete them all the time. The only thing I did immediatel before this started was to delete the awfull Kazaa thing.

Anyone else in the same boat or know how I can stop them.

Cheers

Les
Old 20 May 2004, 10:05 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Les H
This started about a week ago now, just suddenly getting all these emails with virus files attached, Norton picks them up OK but its starting to really hack me off now, having to delete them all the time. The only thing I did immediatel before this started was to delete the awfull Kazaa thing.

Anyone else in the same boat or know how I can stop them.

Cheers

Les
I had this a few months back, i posted on a public newsgroup and received anywhere between 30 and 100 virus emails per day which died slowly after 3 or 4 months now but i still get the odd one trickling through.

Only thing you can do is speak to your ISP and see if they can implement some sort of server-side filtering at their end to try to stop it.

Cheers

David
Old 20 May 2004, 10:10 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

For future reference use a different free email address for posting on public groups, only give out your primary address privatley to people you trust
Old 20 May 2004, 10:15 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti555
For future reference use a different free email address for posting on public groups, only give out your primary address privatley to people you trust

luckily i used a random @mydomain.com address for the post so i could easily filter it at server level so mine wasnt half as annoying but I can imagine how it would feel
Old 20 May 2004, 10:44 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular