Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

IRC based file sharing clients

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2004, 01:10 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IRC based file sharing clients

i used to use real flix for my .mpg`s and .avi type files, but for sumunkown reason i seam to be banned, im asumeing they have banned sumthing like a mass of IP`s and im caught upin the middle of it, which is a shame as i was running a server and such @ one point, anyway, im not to keen on all this kazza, bearshare and shareazza crap and prefere the irc stuff

does anybody know of sumthing simmiler to real flix?
http://www.realflix.net/
Old 05 May 2004, 12:18 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mirc scripts

I'm really into IRC atm. Its not really a file sharing tool but a communication tool that u link with file sharing apps. You can run an fserv in IRC but these really suck, are sluggish and not very user friendly. Or u could run an XDCC script which lists files shared in pack numbers, that the users can dload from u, using commands. The best bet is to run a FTP server, and use a trigger script to give users the details to login to your FTP site. There are plenty of channels on thousands of nets that cater for this kind of thing. U just have to find the right ones
Old 05 May 2004, 02:14 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason i prefered the flix server was you dont get none of this "restrict your bandwith" crap thats in winmx and stuff where everybody gets slow downloads

the people in there are all basicaly mates, you have 2 downloads at a time and after that its qued, but its so small and such that you very rarely que

which means you get your files at there full upload speed, which is far better. might email them and see what the crack is
Old 05 May 2004, 02:16 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In IRC there are no limits at all its just u n your bandwidth, and how much u want to give out to each leecher.