Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

I hate Virgin so much I could scream !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2004, 04:19 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default I hate Virgin so much I could scream !!!!

If your considering Virgin broadband read this if not read it anyway its a catalogue of misfortune!

I ordered Broadband from Virgin in October 2003. Virgin sent me an email end of February saying "We've just set up your DDM and are about to take £100 from your account"

I rang to say that I thought 4 months to set up a DDM was totally unsatisfactory and I stopped the payment and wrote a letter of complaint. Naturally the letter never arrived (big surprise there) and I lost interest in fighting them so called Virgin to pay the four months using a credit card - £99.99 ish and ask that they cancel my account as I'd had enough.

Last Tuesday I go to use same card at Subaru dealership to pay for service and the card has been stopped. On contacting my card company they asked if I had made a card transaction over the internet for £149.94. I didn't recognise the payment but asked them to un-block my card so I could use it at the garage - at much embarassment to me as you can imagine.

Rang Virgin to ask if the payment was by them and it was. They'd taken 6 payments at once, one in advance for April (even though I'd said I wanted to cancel) and another for reasons they can't explain. I feel as though its only one step removed from theft in a way.

A week later I ring today to ask why my £50 was yet to be refunded. Turns out nothing has been done about my refund and now the request is in today it will still take 10 to 14 days to reach my card account - even though it took less than 48 hours to take my £149.94.

My biggest issue apart from looking silly at my local dealership is that I authorised a payment of £99.99 and no more but they took 50 more and after all the messing me around they still weren't prepared to speed up my refund.

Bunch of to$$$ers if you ask me and I'm now in the process of migration of my broadband which I can guarantee will be cocked up too.

Is there anything I can do about this or just put up and stop moaning?
Old 01 April 2004, 08:32 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to get a full refund from your credit card company if you paid for something you never recieved, and they took an unauthorised amount. get straight onto your bank and they usually give you a refund within a few days.
as for virgin i use them and have only praise for thier support who always call you back, quickly and are very helpful and speedy set-up etc.
Try demon, they are pretty good as well.

..phil..
Old 02 April 2004, 07:44 AM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quite like a virgin don't u