Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Apple/Quicktime

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2004, 04:21 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apple/Quicktime

I have an iMac runnung OSX10.2.6 When I open the Internet Explorer page and click on Quicktime from the apple menu bar I get a page with lots of movie trailers. All very good so far. However when played although there is a picture there is no sound, is this correct (and yes the Quicktime volume slide is up to max and so is the imac screen volume) If these trailers do not have sound then fine, but if they do then I have a problem !
Any answers ?
Thanks

Brian
Old 27 March 2004, 04:30 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Odd one. I can't think of any reason why there wouldn't be any sound. I take it you get sound from other apps. E.g. iTunes? So the speakers definately work. Have you tried an alternative browser. Safari is excellent. Try the url www.apple.com/trailers and see whether that works out of safari.

I suppose there could have been an error off the Apple site so trailers played with no sound but this I would think is unlikely.
Old 27 March 2004, 08:51 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

I think I have a problem !!!
No sound on Safari . I don't use iTunes but dedicated sound clips wont play either. Help call to apple shop on Monday methinks. Thanks

JBL