Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

mozilla firefox

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2004, 04:41 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mozilla firefox

well been using it for a few days and overall very impressed, seem to have lots of javascript errors when I view the javascript console which doesnt seem right and the JVM install just froze half way through but all in all its pretty slick, wondered what other peoples experiences were?

cheers

Gary
Old 22 March 2004, 05:12 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I've been using the latest beta release for a week or two now and it seems OK; it's a little bit faster than Mozilla, but it doesn't seem to be any more stable. As with most browsers, it seems to be Java chat/apps that cause it to fall over.

Simon
Old 22 March 2004, 06:40 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I'm in the middle of developing a fairly complicated web application (the dynamic javascript and dhtml on the site is making some pages run to 4-5 thousand lines of dynamically created code!!).

I have to say that I have not had any stability problems with firefox at all, and in fact the javascript console seems to make a better job of identifying problems in the code than Microsofts script debugger does.

I've not tried much with applets, but so far I've not experienced any more problems with them in firefox than I have in Internet Explorer.

Iain