Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ODBCJT32.DLL

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2004, 10:07 AM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODBCJT32.DLL

We have two programs that need to access this DLL. Sage Payroll needs version 4 and HOBS (Bank of Scotland online banking) needs version 3.5. Needless to say neither program will run on the wrong version. I wrote a simple batch file to copy version 3.5 over the existing DLL, run HOBS, then copy version 4 over 3.5 on exit. Worked fine first time. HOBS ran, closed it, ran Payroll. On trying it again it looks like something still has hooks into the DLL. Payroll is closed and there's no other program running on the task bar.

How do I find which program/process is using that DLL? And how would I then adjust my batch file so that the DLL was 'unhooked' before the initial copy?
Or is there a better way?

[edited to add]
I've found out that 2 of HOBS services hook into the DLL. Also found out that if I do manage to overwrite the DLL good ole win2k changes it back
Is there a way of unloading/unregistering a particular DLL, copying over the version I need then loading/registering that version?

TIA
Mark

Last edited by markr1963; 16 March 2004 at 11:28 AM.