Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

CF GPS for IPAQ

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2004, 02:55 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post CF GPS for IPAQ

Hi Guys,

wondering whether any of you lot are using this set-up. I want a GPS reciever for my HP2210, mainly for 'in-car' use for navigation. After seeing these 'dual-use' systems, so you can either (i)use 'mouse style' in car with connecting cables. (ii) unfold and use as a CF card in the rear of IPAQ. The ones I've been looking at are manufactured by Haicom. A 303 MMF. They do 3 different models, this one the most expensive (around £115), only difference is the GPS chipset they are based on? The 303 MMF should work better in weak signals apparently? I'm not sure which one to go for as these have 'built in batteries' and what happens if they go down? (I assume the unit is scrap) Would it be better to go for a bluetooth GPS 'mouse style' with replacable battery?? I just thought having the CF one would allow it to be used when out of the car, when walkin etc, not that I do much walking!!!! ny recommendation on BRANDS/TYPES or general advice would be greatly apprciated.

Chris.

(PS - I've looked on EBAY, but there seems to be some right 'shady' hardware, with cheap nasty inferior chipset copies, so advice on where to buy would be good too!)
Old 14 March 2004, 02:57 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoops, after typing this, I've looked down the threads, and there is another asking similar info!!! sorry for annoying anyone.

Chris.