Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bussiness cards???

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 12:58 PM
toe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bussiness cards???

im useing windows xp with a few windows add ons i.e, word,powerpoint etc is there a way of doing bussiness cards, as im starting my own bussiness i maybe able to save a few bob

regards Tony
Old 10 March 2004, 01:16 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Don't do it mate. Serious. If there is one thing you shouldn't cut corners on is your stationary. Get the best you can afford.
Old 10 March 2004, 01:28 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Don't do it mate. Serious. If there is one thing you shouldn't cut corners on is your stationary. Get the best you can afford.
That is so true. You can tell a lot from a business card, the texure, design and paper weight are very important.

I know a good designer if you need some help
Old 10 March 2004, 01:43 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Few more points. Think about your corporate identity. How do you want to come across to your clients? Think about colours, typeset. What about the name of your company? Do you want to attract local or national business? Have you contacted a graphic artist about this? If not, do it. It will be the single best investment you will make to establish those early days of trading. (On a personal note I've received business from graphic artists on the basis of the quality of my corporate identity!) What about Yellow Pages? If you want an advert in there you have no chance now until next year. Have you considered how you are going to advertise your services? Local press can be good but expensive. About £70 per week for a credit card sized advert. Consider it a bonus if that advert, in it's first week brings in any calls at all...You have to think in terms of months not weeks with advertising.
As a start why not contact angrynorth? I'm sure he'll at the very least give you things to consider you haven't even though about.
Good Luck.
Old 10 March 2004, 02:11 PM
toe
Scooby Regular

jeez, thanks guys i thought i had all my bases covered, i sell Maximuscle supplements to gyms & health food shops ive done this for about 1 yr most of it has been cold calling i.e poping into gyms,shops etc & introducing myself & leaving a list of what i sell.
The bussiness card idea was more of a thankyou card were by when somebody has done bussiness with me i leave the goods & a card, but i see your points

regards Tony (performance-direct)
Old 10 March 2004, 06:34 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Avery do Quick & Clean Photo-quality business cards, so you could include a picture of yourself plus some words if you want a cheap and cheerful solution. You also get free software to design them.

Summat like fifteen quid a pack if you want to give it a try (and not too much to spend if you decide that it isn't good enough).

mb
Old 10 March 2004, 09:08 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

i use www.vistaprint.com for business cards. you can design your own online in a word/publisher style web page, even upload your own pics to add to the card. always fast delivery even if you choose the slowest delivery option. just found them to be great at thier job, dont work for them or out!
Old 10 March 2004, 09:09 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

sorry it was www.vistaprint.co.uk unless you wanna buy in dollers