Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DVDs from Digital Video Camera.

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2004, 11:52 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile DVDs from Digital Video Camera.

I only have a DVD/CD Rewriter combo in my PC.I would like to play back my videos after editing through a TV/DVD combo so need a DVD burner.

What should I get to give the most flexibility play back wise as I will be doing copies for friends & I wont know what their set ups are?

If I go for an external unit can I use a spare firewire port or does it have to be a USB connection?

Any brands to go for or to avoid?

Mark.
Old 09 March 2004, 01:08 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

An external USB/Firewire caddy would be fine for a DVD burner (if that's the route you want to go down). These are about £26-28

I would recommend a Pioneer burner, they're bullet-proof and the firmware allows you to burn 99% of the media on the market. There is some stock of the 106 4x burner left but not much. The new 107 8x burner has just taken a marginal price drop and will no doubt be a worthy replacement for the 106

As for burning your home movies for friends/family, the burner is not as important as the disk:
GO4 Ritek DVD-r has a very high compatibility in standalone players. The price of this media has literally halved over the last 6months so there's no excuse for people using the cheapy disks anymore.

For more information on creating your own movies, www.dvd-recordable.net is an excellent starting point.

If you would like any further help with the above products, drop me an e-mail and I can sort you out.

Paul
Old 10 March 2004, 12:12 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Paul YHM cheers.