Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xp disaster- tffsport.sys?

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2004, 09:20 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xp disaster- tffsport.sys?

I recently installed the Ati Catalyst 4.2 no problems. next day I get an incessant Delayed write failure. Try system restore (failed) try Safe mode no luck, try deleting windows I cant get a prompt that will let me. I use the XP Pro disc and I get an error message saying tffsport.sys is corrupt, Installation failed.

Seem to be going in circles and quite prepared to Format C and reinstall. All well backed up. But I cant get to a NTFS prompt to format. A dual boot linux is fine.

Help!

Any suggestions gratefully tried.......
Old 24 February 2004, 09:40 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

xp pro is a bootable disk so there should be no problem to format C: and install the op sys again
Old 24 February 2004, 09:55 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

The trouble is I cant get boot disk to run to let me Format c: Then I'll be fine

I think the service pack has stopped me using my old boot discs.

Any suggestions?
Old 25 February 2004, 08:06 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Don't hold me to this but if the disk is setup as NTFS that you will have to delete the partitions first (fdisk). and then format c:

Also, the harddisk in my sisters laptop failed recently with the delayed Write Failure message, I had to order a new hard disk

Who is the harddrive made by? Some manafacturers have util's that you can download and they test the harddrive for hardware errors.

Darren

Last edited by darlodge; 25 February 2004 at 08:09 AM. Reason: To add about harddisk
Old 25 February 2004, 09:26 AM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

Just to update, The reason I couldn't reinstall was that my XPPro cd was screwed! I used Linux to delete my partition amd used a spare XP Pro ( as you do) from my Laptop.

Seems I could have just used the Laptop XP disc and done a repair.

Live and learn!

Thanks for suggestions.