Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Virgin Broadband+poor service = being charged £75!

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2004, 12:05 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Virgin Broadband+poor service = being charged £75!

Just got an Email from Virgin that they are about to take £74.97 out of my account as it has taken them 3 months to set up my Direct Debit!

I started Virgin BB last year and initially it was paid via credit card. Then in November after complaining about the October service I set up a DD from my currrent account and demanded that I not pay for October which they did.

Unknown to me they have now taken 3 months to set up the DD and at the end of the month plan to take this amount from my account. I was a bit miffed that I wasn't told about this before and that although the girl on the phone said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to set up the DD it shouldn't take over 12 weeks.

I also asked why they left it so late to contact me and I was told I had been contacted in January but I have not received the mail and have asked for a copy to be sent to me.

Normally I wouldn't be too bothered but I've got two cars to tax and the Scoob to service in March so them taking £75 has come at the wrong time.

I'm tempted to cancel the DD and write a letter of complaint. Yes I used the Virgin service for the last 3 months but I should have had prior warning that this may happen and that their administration system is unacceptable if it takes them 12 weeks to set up a DD.
Old 19 February 2004, 12:30 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DD takes under a week to set up.

Si