Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PGR2 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2004, 02:17 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instead of doing the whole game in silver, then going back and doing gold and then Platinum, I am redoing each stage until I get plat. Haven't got very far yet though, anyway.

Anyone have any tips? as the first cone challenge, I have managed to get gold, but cannot for the life of me get Plat - anyone done it?
Old 15 January 2004, 04:41 PM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cone challenges are all about keeping the combo meter up all the time!

Download anyone of the ghosts and what that for tips on points.
Old 15 January 2004, 05:46 PM
Kenny_Boy
Scooby Newbie

I've been trying to go thru on platinum but it is SO HARD!!! Some stages I've left it at gold!
Old 16 January 2004, 08:19 AM
BlackStar
Scooby Regular

I managed to get the plat in sports compact on the cones. As Jake said, you need to finish the whole race in one combo.
I finished all in silver and am trying all in plat now. Gold is kinda easy but have much trouble getting plat though.
Old 16 January 2004, 10:57 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Cone challenges can be a pain in the butt imo. As has been said a couple of times, the secret is to keep the combo going for the whole attempt. As has also been said, using the ghosts can be good for picking up tips.

I havent played it for a while but IIRC you lose the combo after a couple of seconds or so. On some courses, the cones are just far enough apart that you will lose the combo - so initiate a little slide. It doesnt have to be big (although obviously the bigger it is the more points you will get) - but really it just has to be big enough to register some points. This will keep the combo going.

On some courses the cones will be far enough apart so that you have to be driving really well (ie good line at full pelt) to make it to the next cone without losing the combo.

With a bit of practice you should soon learn where the trouble areas are (ie where the cones are a difficultly placed) and hence where you may have to do a little slide or something.

Other than that its just practising and getting the best line so as not to hit anything!