Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Laptop Cases???

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2004, 10:28 AM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi,

II have a laptop at work, which I have to use on the shop floor with my Faro Arm to measure parts etc. The area is a very dusty one due to welding etc.

I have a leather case to carry it about in, but when its in use the keyboard and monitor is all exposed and I worry that it will soon become damaged and look a state, which will stop me taking it to customers.

Does anyone know of shops selling plastic cases or something similar that will protect it?

Cheers,

Andy
Old 13 January 2004, 11:05 AM
lightning
Scooby Regular

Can't help with the case. However I was insterested to note you used a Faro arm as I trialed one of these a couple of weeks ago. What do you think of them? Do you work in the automotive sector?
Old 13 January 2004, 01:20 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

hi,

we make parts for caterpillar, dennis eagle, komatsu etc. Its a great bit of kit, massive time savings and it can measure tricky shapes that a CMM or a height gauge dont have a chance with.

We use a number of laser cutting machines and as the faro arm allows you to reverse engineer, ending up with CAD pictures it fits in great. It allows us to produce low volumes of parts as teh R&D costs are greatly reduced.

I know that the faro arm and Romer arm are both used by the automotive industry as they allow good manipulation of data, which can be used for a range of activities such as SPC (which it will do on its own). It also comes with a range of ends from typical 4mm end to a laser/ radar end, which allows you to scan surfaces such as body panels, or seats and easily see a CAD image within minutes.

If you want any of the details on the reps let me know mate