Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

lost my xbox live comunicator bit

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2003, 03:30 AM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During a tidy up, I managed to loose the little bit that plugs into your controler. I pulled out he headphones, and saw it wasn't attached. I have this horrible feeling that I have managed to put it in the bin by accident.

It's so annoying, as people keep slaggin me off for beating them LOL or accidently introducing them to the barrier on the corners in gotham, and I can't saying anything back and or appologise!

I just looked, the frigging poxy headset, which must cost all of £1 to make is.....wait for it £19.99! HOW annoying is that!

Do you reckon xbox people will just sell me the bit I need? Anyone got a spare one they wanna sell
Old 31 December 2003, 09:01 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

A replacement is £16.99 from Amazon. Still expensive though, I'll see if I can find anything else . . .
Old 31 December 2003, 12:26 PM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Some one told me that if you break your headset MS will send you a new one FOC.
Old 31 December 2003, 12:40 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i doubt it. why would they sell them seperately if that was the case?
Old 31 December 2003, 04:20 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Cheers DJ Dunk, yeah that's a little cheaper, but the annoying thing is that you can get the same sort of headset but without the fitting for the controller for a pc for about £6, which to be honest is better quality. Just an Xbox rip. Microsoft know all about captive markets, and monopolies don't they! PS always had aftermarket stuff, haven’t seen any stuff for xbox, sure they’re really strict about licensing.

I have written an email to xbox customer service (via www.xbox.com), telling them how much I have spent over the past month, and asking them if they could possibly send me the part I need, so we'll see how generous they are... Will keep you posted.

All the while my good reputation on gotham is being tarnished lol. I was called a rougue last night for winning 6 times in a row, they all ganged up to try and carve me off the road. There is always argey bargey, but if you can’t sort of appologise, or explain it wasn’t malicious people seem to take it very personally.

In the meantime, a friend of mine has just got an xbox as a present from his brother, and he hasn’t got broadband installed in his place yet, so he is gonna lend me his for a while.

Cheers chaps..

Nick
Old 31 December 2003, 05:11 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think you can also use a Mobile-Phone headset (with the mic) if the plug is fitting the Xbox controller, but the sound quality might not be as good. Cheers, Danny