Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Netgear RP114 and NFSU Online

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2003, 10:21 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Having probs playing online games. Got the latest version etc, account set up, I can log on ok, but when I enter a game and it comes up launching game I get "Unable to connect, this could be down to a firewall".

I've a P4 2.6, ATi Card, 512MB blah blah blah, I've turned off the XP firewall on the LAN card, didn't work.

I also have a Netgear RP114 router which I'm guessing is the issue. In the IP Port forwarding I put in all the same ports as Mark Kahn has defined but it still wouldn't work. There is a server address field on the router config next to where you specify the ports, is that suppose to say my PC's IP address or the routers? As with my PC IP it still didn't work.

Netgear instructions are pretty u/s really.

Can anyone help with a little guide of what to try or what I might be doing wrong?
Old 09 December 2003, 12:18 PM
V5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doubt this is similar, but I'll mention it anyway. Last night I was having problems with Play.com moaning about security levels and couldn't put anything in my shopping basket. I turned off everything I could find to no avail. I've got a Netgear WGR614 and couldn't find any instructions about the firewall on that, so in desperation I deleted all cookies/history.....and bingo it worked.

I did discover a bug tho - with an item in your shopping basket, if you refresh the page, you get another item added into the basket!! Happens with both IE and Opera.

Edit to add that the ip address in the port forwarding is that of your machine.

[Edited by V5 - 12/9/2003 2:59:38 PM]