Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Display problem on boot?

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2003, 01:40 PM
200+Bhp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Would anyone be able to give me some ideas.

When I boot my system it has recently started not bringing on the monitor, not sure but I dont think it is completing boot up properly either obviously cant see

Monitor usually displays a message something like "no signal received", and standby light stays on.
I have tried the connections and swapped monitors with my brother to take that out of the picture and its still doing it.

Strange thing is (from what I can see) if you push the reset button screen always comes on on restart!

Any ideas as to what could it most likely be...graphics card, motherboard or does it need a kick

current mb is asus a7v333 with gf3 asus card.

[Edited by 200+Bhp - 11/13/2003 1:41:58 PM]
Old 13 November 2003, 02:24 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Question

could be down to a power issue. I know some of the higher end cards draw more power from the mobo and now do some conversing with the bios to check it's there.

There was an issue with a load of (at the time) higher end video cards, I had the problem with my Geforce 2 GTS, on an Abit board. If you can, try using the main mobo power from your brothers PC and connect it to your motherboard.

It does sound similar to the problem I experienced, but might not be At least it gives you something to try

Have you had a search on google or on the google groups to see if anyone has offered a solution to a similar problem?
Old 13 November 2003, 03:50 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

If I remember correctly the A7V333 deffo does have cold boot issues with some GFX cards.

I 'cured' this on my machine at the time by powering on using the main power button then hitting the reset button straight after.
Old 13 November 2003, 07:25 PM
200+Bhp
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys the weird thing is I have been running this system for about a 18mths. and this has just started.

It started happening about 2 weeks ago when it was only the very odd time, now it seems to do it every time I boot

I am worried about corrupting the drives at this rate