Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Which mp3 portable ?

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2003, 04:22 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't bought any new toys for a while and one of these might be nice. Looking at jens mp100 or iAudio cw300 at the moment. They are all roughly the same price, so has anyone got any personal experience of these - or can reccomend another one ?

Already have an archos 20gb, looking for something solid state.

Steve
Old 31 October 2003, 09:56 PM
chunky_lad
Scooby Regular

Steve - I've a JENS MP110 ( 256MB ), had it for about 4 months now. One of the best things I've ever bought. About the size of a lighter stores about 50 tracks, USB connection so it's just drag and drop MP3 and WMA from a PC onto the device. Sound quality is fine - reasonable equaliser on it. Build quality is good - I use it every day commuting and it's still looking pretty pristine. Controls are fiddly to start with but when you get used to to them it's not a problem. Decent FM radio, reception is not always great. Voice recording and radio recording are also built in but I've not used them.

Would definately recommned the player at 256MB, 128MB is a bit too small for my liking.

Only real issues - 256MB and that's it, no other media slots to allow you to expand further. Inbuild rechargeable ( via USB ) battery, sometimes worry what happens if that needs renewing.

Try www.mp3players.co.uk got a lot of customer reviews on there and I got my player from them ( top service ).

Cheers,

Doug
Old 01 November 2003, 11:48 AM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

I have the Creative Nomad. Wouldnt recommend it necessarily as very slow loading but my hubby is going to chuck a laptop HD in it to allow more storage. Currently comes with 6 gig - perhaps enough for most people.

I want the new ipod...looks and feels loverly