Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Fuzzmail

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2003, 07:29 PM
fuzzmail
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soulgirl,

Very observent! Didn't check webstats, there is a 'how did oyu hear about us' box in the signup!

As a fuzzmail user, you will not currently get any adverts. A fuzzmail user will *never* get a advert from us, or anyone to do with us in their mailbox. Infact, you will rearly see any spam in your fuzzmail inbox, as a lot has been done to limit both spam and viruses form making it that far. If you don't beleive it, give it a go!

I am not doing fuzzmail mail for commercial gain, and I'm not interested in making money from it at all. One day, there might be a banner, but it will most likly be used to advertise my own projets and services. I host http://www.ntlhell.co.uk for nothing. I have the resources and time to provide such things for free.

The reason I have not afforded a design, or a SSL cert is because it is a free service, and I am not going to spend money on it.
I (the owner of Pengus) cannot stand spam, and I am not in this industry to make a fortune by ripping poeple off, so as such, I've setup fuzzmail! Perhaps one day when I have a few quid free, and have the motivation, I might get someone to do a professional design for me, and spend the £100 it costs for a SSL certificate. I currently have better things to be spending money on though!

If you don't beleive it, don't use it

Kind Regards,

Ian

[Edited by fuzzmail - 11/2/2003 7:34:13 PM]
Old 22 October 2003, 07:21 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Anybody ex hotmail users gone to fuzzmail yet?

www.fuzzmail.co.uk
Old 22 October 2003, 09:14 PM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Edited because hindsight is a wonderful thing.

[Edited by rogp - 10/22/2003 9:36:09 PM]
Old 23 October 2003, 09:06 AM
adpd
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just signed up...

Thanks.
Old 23 October 2003, 06:12 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Edited because hindsight is a wonderful thing.
?????

What you think of it? personnaly I like it because you don't have any adverts, spammers don't target it and you don't have to have a load of numbers afterwards because there are so many people with the same address.
Old 24 October 2003, 10:36 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Ian,

I'd made judgements based on the rather shabby signup page which were unfair, I can see the benefits of a service where you actually get the email address you want so I retracted my comments.

It just doesn't look that professional thats all.

Rog

Old 26 October 2003, 06:58 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Your the sign up page does look ****

Trending Topics

Old 27 October 2003, 12:25 PM
fuzzmail
Scooby Newbie

I agree, our signup page does leave a lot to be desired. A bit of work has been done to improve it a little, however our skills lie on the technical side of things, not the artistic side
IF you can forgive the awful signup page, the actual web mail interface is very nice, people have told us they prefer it to hotmail! We are currently putting time into developing advanced anti-spam systems rather then spending hours doing design. If anyone fancies having a shot at a design, if we use it, you will win a free fuzzmail account!

Thanks Ian for the free publicity here!

Kind Regards,
Ian ~ Fuzzmail Development Team

[Edited by fuzzmail - 10/27/2003 12:26:20 PM]
Old 27 October 2003, 01:09 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Blimey doesn't the word spread quickly?

I signed up a few days ago. Looks very nice - simple and clean. Couldn't give a monkeys about the login page, I want to use the service. I've been thinking about bringing the 3 or 4 emails I use under one account and this looks pretty good (and no daft login names with lots of numbers aswell )

Chris
Old 27 October 2003, 04:12 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Ooooh, someone checks their webstat referrals However, I would possibly like to know why they are offering a free service if they cannot afford to apply a decent website. What is in it for them? Do they have spyware or will they also start hammering you with advertising or even sell your email addresses at a later stage regardless of their statement about spam deletion? The old saying is - you get nowt for nowt in this world.

(Oh dear! I seem to be typing on a chinese illustrated reply box!)

[Edited by Soulgirl - 10/27/2003 4:19:45 PM]
Old 27 October 2003, 04:41 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

If anyone fancies having a shot at a design, if we use it, you will win a free fuzzmail account!
But they are free anyway? I notice your a hosting provider yet there are no details of your hosting packages - is this something you will be plugging later following the launch of your free webmail?
Old 02 November 2003, 10:23 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Just signed up. Ditto Chris L

Mark