Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Best ISDN ISPs

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2003, 10:02 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

This has probably been asked many times but its my first time in this forum and the answer must change frequently.

Our exchange is not ADSL enabled and we use ISDN2e which has been installed for 3 years. At the moment we use Freeserve as our ISP.

Freeserve seems to have very patchy service lately and AOL are now blocking any mails from Freeserve, quoting an anti spam policy [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] This is causing major problems getting mails back to people.

The only good thing about freeserve is that there are no charges other than the tiny monthly fee.

We have 4 desktops on line through a LAN. Who would you recommend we switch to, for a good cost effective service?

Old 19 September 2003, 10:30 AM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Pete,

Used V21 for a couple of years now. Then also started using it for my wifes company in April this year and very happy with service. We're on the £13.99 a month package and get something like 240 hours with a 5 hour cut-off. V21 went through a bad patch last year and we were tempted to go elsewhere when my wife set up office at home. They resolved their problems and after speaking with V21 they suggested upping to the £13.99 package as the contention ratio is much better than the other package they have and not many folks use the service through the day. They're the only ISP I know that have a bulletin board for their subscribers and support guys. They don't offer 128k on ISDN but not many do - and it tends to be expensive.

Kevin.
Old 19 September 2003, 11:41 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Pete

Have a look at Freedom2Surf. Not sure how competative on price they are, but their service is very good and performance is excellent.

Depending on your usage had you thought about satellite DSL? Not as pricey as it used to be. A guy at work has just had it installed - £500 and £120 a month for a 800K connection (normal 128K upload)

Chris
Old 20 September 2003, 11:01 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

I use Freeserve for ISDN and to be honest havent noted any degradation in Service recently.

My Mail is through Titan - but I still use the freeserve smtp relay for outbound. I have one friend on AOL and I dont recall ever having it bounced.

Deano