Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

SE P800 - Any good

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 09:36 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi peeps,

After telling 02 to shove their phone where the sun doesnt shine and the contract as well im free to find a new phone (so what do they do, they send me another phone and sim card (makes 3 phones and sim cards now)).

Now the P800 appeals to me because its like a palm and phone in one (ex palm Vx user) The bonus is bluetooth, as I have a lot of cash spent on bluetooth goodies.

The real question is, does anyone use one on a daily basis and are they any good.

Im intending to use mine as a simple mail client for when Im away from home as well as organiser and phone, as well as keeping me connected on the move.

Some people bitch that the phone is a pain to use ?

Also another quick question. Orange are offering free wap for a year, but wap is no good for standard HTML, which if I understand the P800 has a proper html 3.2 browser built in ?

It would be nice to be able to use free wap to get normal html but it cant be done can it ?

Old 15 September 2003, 10:19 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'm surrounded by people using P800's.
Its a brilliant phone and the best Phone/PDA o on the market.
If your main concern is email on the move you won't have a problem.
Download the Opera browser which could/should make your surfing a much better experience.
The OS is symbian not Palm. Unless you're interested in transferring a lot of your Palm software across eg Documents to Go you should be ok.
Be aware, you can view Word/Excel files on the P800 but not edit.
As an interim solution [for me] I'm sticking with my T610 and just upgraded to Sony Clie NX73V for on the move email/surfing.
Old 15 September 2003, 12:12 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

P810 out around Christmas, if you can wait until then you could either get the latest toy or a cheaper outgoing model.