Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

An y Network Admin/Manager jobs going?

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2003, 03:17 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I've just been made redundant after returning from my honeymoon, marvellous.

Does anyone know of any Network Admin/Manager jobs going, preferably permy in the North-West?

I do it all: Windows, Solaris, Linux, Cisco, currently work for an ISP so excellent networking skills, pretty good security and VPN skills, commercially aware etc.

Visiting all the usual websites but would appreciate any info on jobs that may not be offered through the agencies.

Cheers.

Old 26 August 2003, 06:37 PM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your recent bad news. Losing your job was a bummer as well.

Seriously , I will keep my eye out for you m8.

Old 27 August 2003, 10:47 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Hehe, thanks Russ. Just for that you can buy me a pint tonight
Old 27 August 2003, 10:55 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dave

In the same boat myself since friday - so anyone can keep an eye out for me too

(I'll cover the SE & you the NW? )
Old 27 August 2003, 11:12 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Puff, sucks doesn't it?

On the plus side, your bike is back on the road after alarm, battery and charging problems.

I may sell the Scoob to help fund these lean times and use the bike instead.

I think all the unemployed Scoobynet techies should get together and start our own company, I reckon we could become the country's biggest FM business. Although productivity would be crap because we'd all be on here
Old 27 August 2003, 11:36 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

'tis indeed a bummer

Glad to hear the old bike is firing on all 4 again I've trying to avoid the "sell PTMW!" convo but it doesn't really make sense to - value? £9k? So flog it & buy a yock for £5k - needs to be bigger than wife's Mini & also reliable as a familly car - so put a few K aside. Hardly worth it (imho )

Fortunately, since we've moved house, we're reasonably stable finacially for a time and can deal with this. Hope the same is true for you.

I'm up for a SN techie venture
Old 27 August 2003, 12:06 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I reckon I've got about 3 months of "comfortable" then it's getting a job with ASDA
Old 28 August 2003, 01:27 AM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Talking

puff you lost your job... boooo $hite..

Give me a ring next week as I am in New York at the mo'
Old 28 August 2003, 10:37 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

New Yoik?

I dunno - galavanting about again

Will do m8
Old 29 August 2003, 07:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any of these jobs do you?

Job search
Show me Contract Permanent All jobs from the last All 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 days in

Keywords:
e.g. skill, job title and/or town More tips...

Sort by: Best match Latest job

North WestYorkshireAll RegionsEast Anglia Cambridgeshire Norfolk SuffolkEast Midlands Derbyshire Leicestershire Lincolnshire Northamptonshire Nottinghamshire RutlandLondon Central/West End City East London North London North West London South East London South West London West LondonNorth East Durham Northumberland Teesside Tyneside Cheshire Cumbria G.Manchester Lancashire MerseysideNorthern Ireland Antrim Armagh Belfast Down Fermanagh Londonderry TyroneScotland Aberdeenshire Angus Argyll & Bute Ayrshire Borders Dumfries & Galloway Edinburgh & Lothians Fife Glasgow Area Highlands & Islands Lanarkshire Moray Perth & Kinross StirlingSouth East Bedfordshire Berkshire Buckinghamshire East Sussex Essex Hampshire Hertfordshire Isle of Wight Kent Oxfordshire Surrey West SussexSouth West Bristol Area Cornwall Devon Dorset Gloucestershire Somerset Wiltshire Guernsey JerseyWales Cardiff Carmarthenshire Ceredigion Conwy Denbighshire Flintshire Gwynedd Isle of Anglesey Monmouthshire Pembrokeshire Powys South Wales WrexhamWest Midlands Hereford and Worcester Shropshire Staffordshire Warwickshire West Midlands East Riding North Yorkshire South Yorkshire West YorkshireUKRepublic of IrelandEurope excluding UKRest of the WorldUnspecified

Job search results Your search returned 15 results.
Email me jobs like these Add to jobs file Page 1 of 1

Job title Jobs file
Cisco Enterprise Networking sales Manchester, New

Cisco Enterprise Networking sales Manchester, Newcastle £30k-£40k basic ote £100k+Merc/Jag/Bmw+package. My Client is a leading Cisco Gold partner and is looking to recruit an experienced sales professional from within the Cisco Data Networking arena to join an existing successful team. You ...

Advertiser: Data Resources Recruitment Type: Permanent Salary: £40k ote£100k+car+bens Location: North West Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 13:43:01

Senior Security Pre-Sales

Senior Security Pre-sales Checkpoint/Cisco My client is a managed service company with an unrivalled reputation for providing leading edge Cisco, Internet Security, VPN, Firewall solutions. The successful candidate will not only have a proven track record of Pre-sales of security solutions, they will be prepared to continue ...

Advertiser: Lorien Type: Permanent Salary: Lorien Location: West Yorkshire Date posted: 26 Aug 2003 09:25:56

Pre Sales Consultants

Ideally you will have previous experience working for a Carrier. You will need 2-5 years experience in telecoms, including at least 1-2 years in Pre-Sales.Cisco CCNA & CCDP qualifications. CCIP would be highly desirable. Thorough understanding of business requirements, drivers and technology trends of Enterprise and MNC ...

Advertiser: Close Communications Type: Permanent Salary: £35-50k + 6k C/A Location: West Yorkshire Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 12:21:24

VPN Field Engineer

Cisco PIX/VPN Field Engineer is required. VNO operator, who specailises in providing fully managed VPN technologies to SME and Corporate Enterprises, is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their rapidly expanding northern team. You will need to have experience installing and supporting Cisco PIX and working within the ...

Advertiser: Lorien Type: Permanent Salary: Lorien Location: West Yorkshire Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 08:32:11

Systems Integration Engineer

Major client in Yorkshire is looking for a systems integration engineer with an excellent background in networking and network security. Essential experience includes Solaris, Cisco, firewalls, and design architecture of solutions using this kit. To be considered for this position you must be security cleared so please do not ...

Advertiser: Progressive Recruitment - Birmingham Type: Contract Salary: Competitive Location: Yorkshire Date posted: 29 Aug 2003 17:48:33

1st Line network Support / Installation Engineer

Working in the Leeds area you will provide telephone and onsite support, frequently travelling to satellite offices to perform support duties, including: Data networking cable infrastructure troubleshooting, basic patch lead (fibre/UTP) installation, installation of bespoke under-floor UTP cables, installation of data ...

Advertiser: Pytec it Recruitment Type: Contract Salary: 11.00 to 11.99 Hour Location: Yorkshire Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 17:48:35

POST-SALES CONSULTANT

Independant Internetworking/Security Company seeking a POST-SALES CONSULTANT to join their existing team. You must have 5 years+ Experience in LAN/WAN & Securities Post-Sales Technical. You must have CISCO,CISCO4,CCNP/CCIP/CCIE, or be willing tobe put through your CCIE exam by my ...

Advertiser: Dart Resourcing Type: Permanent Salary: £35-40K+CAR/ALL+COMMISSION ... Location: North West Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 14:57:41

Technical Services Manager - South Yorkshire

Technical Services Manager for this growing company. New position for an experienced IT professional with at least 5yrs behind you. You will be responsible for ensuring that the IT services dept is running effectively. You will have managed projects for new implementations and able to keep abreast of new technologies. You will ...

Advertiser: Computer People Type: Salary: £25-29k + bonus + bens Location: North West Date posted: 29 Aug 2003 17:38:38

1st Line Support / Installation Engineer - Leeds

You will provide 1st line support which will involve basic data network cable infrastructure troubleshooting, making & installing bespoke UTP cables, monitoring the helpdesk for support tasks. You need experience of basic troubleshooting & command line configuration. Skills required are Cisco Switches and routers, Nortel / ...

Advertiser: Matchtech Group plc Type: Contract Salary: £9 - £12 per hour Location: Yorkshire Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 13:08:56

Server Support Contractor

We currently have a requirement for a Server Support contractor. You will be involved with various servers and workstations. You must have commercial experience of Windows 2000 Active Directory Services, Windows NT Services inc. DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP. Any 3com or Cisco experience is a bonus.
Advertiser: Computer Futures Solutions - Manchester Type: Contract Salary: Negotiable Location: North West Date posted: 26 Aug 2003 09:50:41

Network Manager

My client is a market leading multinational food group who are currently expanding their market presence. As such they are now looking to recruit a Network Manager to develop and maintain the IT Data Network. You will be the focal point for all new non IT initiated projects that require IT Hardware and technology and ...

Advertiser: Remarc Professional Recruitment Type: Permanent Salary: £30K - £35K Location: Cheshire Date posted: 29 Aug 2003 17:31:06

Technical Analyst

One of the most high profile organisations in the world is looking for an experienced technical consultant to join their IT department in Manchester. The client is of the highest calibre and as such they are looking for an individual to live up to that status. The role involves supporting the Microsoft infrastructure desktop ...

Advertiser: Best International. Type: Permanent Salary: 25- 27k Location: G.Manchester Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 14:21:27

2nd Line Support Technician

NT2000/LAN/WAN/TCP/IP Excellent opening for a 2nd Line Support Technician to join one of Leed's leading financial service providers. Required skill set: you will have at least 12 months experience in a Windows 2000 environment, strong exposure to TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols and topologies, MS SQL Server admin and support. In ...

Advertiser: Lorien Type: Permanent Salary: To 16k + Benefits Location: West Yorkshire Date posted: 28 Aug 2003 10:26:32

Network and Security Engineer / Manchester / Perm

3rd line Network Support Engineer required for aManchester based organisation. Applicants will provide consultancy to a portfolio of managed security service customers. Candidates will require at least 3 years+ commercial IT experience and the following essential skills: min 2 years Checkpoint Firewall 4.x / NG ...

Advertiser: Huntress Type: Permanent Salary: c£30k + benefits Location: G.Manchester Date posted: 27 Aug 2003 08:58:39

Installation Engineer

3 month requirement for 2 PC Installation contractors to assist our client in reducing an installs backlog. You must have experience PC Desktop support, including an MCSE and experience of Windows XP, 2000 and NT4. Ideally you will have experience of Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000 and Microsoft Office XP. Any experience of ...

Advertiser: Computer Futures Solutions - Manchester Type: Contract Salary: £11 per hour Location: North West Date posted: 26 Aug 2003 11:15:14

these are on cwjobs.co.uk

Tony