Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Auto Arranging Of Files In My Music - Win Media Player 9

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2003, 08:34 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I've got all of my CDs ripped as WMAs on my hard drive, all done through Media Player. Most of the albums find their track names etc automatically online, then arrange themselves in the My Music folder as My Music/[Artist Name]/[Album Name]/** [Track Name].wma which is great and exactly what I want.
However, some of the albums get their names successfully, play fine, but never arrange themselves. They get saved as My Music/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album ([Date Ripped])/** Track **.wma
but in the subscript to the file name for the tracks, it lists Artist and Album names.

{** = Track Number}

How can I make them learn their own names automatically, and not have to rename the folders manually? Why is it doing some albums differently in the first place? I can't think of any way I've been ripping them and getting the names differently. It can't be something that's specified by the labels artists that they don't want to happen (home tapeing's killing music... etc!) because sometimes when I have several albums by an artist, some have been arranged and some have not.

Any ideas folks? Want it all sorted so the titles appear right on my shiny new MP3/WMA headunit

Cheers,

Ben

Edit to add more *s

[Edited by scoobyster - 7/28/2003 8:39:03 PM]