Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Gamer's Paradise (possible business venture)

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2003, 08:17 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Ok,

Absolutely bored of current job and the way life is at the moment, so whilst sitting on the throne (all my best thinking seems to be done there ) I came up with the idea for a dedicated holiday destination in the sun for gamers, complete with old skool arcade machines, Xbox, GC and PS2 arena, 10-15 seat PC LAN set up and wireless connections for internet throughout.
Accomodation provided and all facilities would be free apart from booze.
No outsiders would have access to the site other than paying guests.
Not decided on the location (whether in a secluded area away from the buzz or near a city centre for nightlife but I'm guessing secluded) but definitely in the sun somewhere (Europe ?)
For extra, depending on the final location, could do a bus pickup from airport or even a pickup in UK to the location. Bus would be complete with headrest screens and PS2/XBox set up for gaming pleasure on the way down.

Would anyone here actually pay for this kind of holiday ?
Dunno, but opinions welcome.

This idea is copyright ya goons, so no stealing

[Edited by Devil's Refugee - 7/28/2003 8:29:56 AM]
Old 28 July 2003, 08:51 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
You should speak to some ski and surf lodges, correct demographic and location already sorted.
Old 28 July 2003, 09:08 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

I would, as long as the beer is cheap and the games are plentiful (Ahh yes, many a night spent trying to play the dancemat games while drunk). I take it you're planning on having some other light recreationnal things as well (swimming pool, etc)
Sounds like a good venture, but I'd be skeptical about doing this outside of the UK, dest off setting one up in cornwall/devon/dorset or somwehere like that. If the ventures sucessful then branch out. Also 10-15 PC's??? surely if you wanto to make anykind of profit out of the venture you'd need to aim to have 25+ and have it full every week of the summer.
Old 28 July 2003, 09:27 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Originally thought about 30+ seat LAN, but then accommodation would mean quite a large site, as well as a decent sized room (alternatively, a small arena of 15 seats and the rest contained within individual rooms)

Would have a pool and other things (small cinema perhaps) but it would be a very niche market it's being piched too.
Depending on the location, there would be other activities to do.

Ideally I'd prefer to look outside the UK since I would hope the sunshine would be a good pull, but gamer's these days prefer to be moles and shun the sun