Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Excel Guru needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 06:29 PM
IanWatson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all,
I'm currently writing an Excel 2000 questionnaire to get some client nformation - I'm away on holiday and the laptop I'm using doesn' have any VBA help files installed.

My aim is to restrict choices and keep the texst entry fields to a minimum - so I have used a datasheet with linked lists containing various options, and used a 'combo box' to allow selection, or a tick box for yes/no responses.
Some of the questions are redundant given a certain response - is it possible to have these areas on the sheets hidden and then displayed if a tick box is 'true' or a particular choice is made from a list?

I also aim to have a 'results' sheet that shows what choices have been made, this would also ideally have hidden sections relating to the above.

Also any tips in terms of preventing the user simply typing over my list options would be also useful.

Is any of this possible? If so, how?

Big thanks in advance,
Ian
Old 09 July 2003, 01:49 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a macro? You can set it so when a cell changes it goes in to a routine (onchange or onclick I think). The default would be hidden and then should the answer require a further question the macro either puts it in or unhides the cells/rows/cloumns.

Or a simple IF fuction IF(Cell1 =yes then "" else "Question")