Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

other app trying to send email through outlook

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2003, 01:45 PM
Denzil_Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am trying to send email through outlook by using another application, every time this second app tries to send the email, Outlook thinks it could be a virus and gives the
"another application is trying to send mail through outlook, this could be a virus, do you want outlook to allow the email to be sent"
warning, so i have to click "yes" every time to send an email from this other App
i cant find any setting in outlook to automatically let other software send email through it

does anybody know a way round this ( possible REG-hack maybe ) or have i missed something out
it is on a win2k machine using outlookXP (10.26whatever)
Old 04 April 2003, 03:42 PM
Denzil_Dog
Scooby Regular

btt
Old 04 April 2003, 04:12 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you networked?

Had a simillar prob with an app I use & the answer was to have the app send though the default account, or one with Administrator privlidges. That was Outlook 2K & W2K through an Ex5.5 server (NT4 box)
Old 04 April 2003, 04:18 PM
Denzil_Dog
Scooby Regular

hiya Puff yup networked, but the other app runs locally and outlook then relays through an SMTP-server

local account has full admin privs.

it's something that outlook seems to kick up itself (looks like it's built into outlook) thats why i thught there might be some reg-hack for it to stop the warning and let anything send from it

ps, REV is looking after your bike pretty well
he took the damper, screen, & screen-brace and a few other bits of his 600 to put on it and it looks pretty sweet now

the Reg-plate is the dogs

[Edited by Denzil_Dog - 4/4/2003 5:22:16 PM]
Old 05 April 2003, 08:49 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Good to know that Rev is looking after the bike - his a$$ is grass if he doesn't

This sounds simillar to my prob. Try the user Administrator? Do a search on SN from about 1 year ago for the same issue as posted by me, quite a few ideas thrown up.

The prog is trying to use the default account & the default account needs to be something I can't remember... Registry hacks were suggested IIRC but not the solution. Are you using profiles? (in Outlook) as that sorta rings a bell (ie don't).

I'll try 'n check with the s'ware supplier on Monday & see if they can remember the prob/resolution. It is to do with logons/profiles/permissions & default account, but it was solved