Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

IR35 and a Good "Umbrella" Co.

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2003, 09:40 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Those contractors amongst us that escape IR35 need not read any further.

For the rest of us, this is worth looking at.

2 months ago, I returned to contracting after a 3 year break and couldn't be bothered with re-setting up a company and fighting the taxman over IR35. So I joined an umbrella company called Prosperity4. They do all your invoicing, tax, payslips etc and charge 6% for the service. "That's STEEP!!!" I hear you cry, but its not, overall, as you can also claim genuine travel and subsistance expenses, no maximum, whereas under IR35 its something like 5%
I've had 2 payslips now and I can't believe how well the system works. It has been setup with close relations with the IR, so its all legit.
If you might be interested and you'd like an example of my tax bill, email me and I'll be happy to give you deails. Or look at their website, www.prosperty4.com
Don't forget to mention my name if you ever sign up as they do a recommendation scheme (Track-days can be a reward )

Dear Mods. If this is considered to be advertising, please feel free to remove, but I think its a useful recommendation from a happy customer.