Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Canon bubble-jet probs

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2003, 03:33 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Got a BJ-30 portable, which I've had since '98, with occasional home use - main work is done on laserjets, this one just does the odd page or two of letters/ faxes at home.

Seems to work without problem up until last night, when it absolutely refused to let any ink onto the page - page fed through and print head worked without problem, just a nice empty page as a result. I tried changing the cartridge thinking the old one had finishd, but same thing. What I did notice was that the mesh looked a bit flooded when I took the new cartridge back out to replace it with the old one.

I didn't use it for the last few pages, so I didn't see if there was an increasing problem, but it was used at least last week without problem, so I don't see why it should be a problem of, say, ink drying up over time.

Can anyone guess what's wrong and suggest a solution? I don't have the instruction booklet any more, so even if I have to buy a new print head, I wouldn't know how to fit it. Is there some trick like using special thinners on the mesh, if it's blocked?

Thanks as always

Brendan
Old 20 March 2003, 10:47 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Please?
Old 21 March 2003, 10:24 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brendan try here
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/canon/bj/bj30.htm
Old 21 March 2003, 11:18 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks mate, I'll have another look when I get home (and I suppose I should have STFW before ) but I didn't see any (obvious) error codes either.

If no-one here can say "oh yes, mine did that, what's wrong is XYZ" as I was naively hoping then I guess it'll just be slogging it out with Google this evening