Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dell Axim PDA??

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2003, 11:35 AM
Scotch Steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Now that out's been out for a month or so hopefully someone will be able to help with a couple of questions.

Basically I'm looking for a PDA and have been drawn to this one due to a combination of the rave reviews it's getting and the price. I'm sure it will do more than I need, as at the end of the day I'm looking for an electronic organiser, (contacts & calander) that I may occasionally want to play games on and use as an MP3 when travelling with work, and this seems to fit the bill at a good price.

The one thing I'm interested in is it's size, can someone who has one help out please. The reviews seem to mention it's bigger than the avg PDA, however this is not much help as that could be bigger than a Palm ie still quiet small or bigger than the Fujitsu LOOX which is obviously a lot bigger than a Palm.
So I'd appreciate it if a current owner could put it's size into perspective in comparison to other PDA's on the market, Palm, Ipaq, LOOX etc, I don't really care if it's a bit chunky, but likewise don't want a house brick.

In addition to this I read that due to it's nature ie a handheld, Dell would also be selling it through selected high street stores to allow prespective customers to handle it etc, however they've not been forthcoming on who will sell it, and I haven't found any myself. As such I'd be interested to know if anyone has found it for sale on the high street or is it only from Dell on-line.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 09 March 2003, 03:20 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

the dell PDA is a bit lardy! checkout the new ipaq H1910!
Old 09 March 2003, 07:14 PM
Scotch Steve
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Suba, but can anyone tell me how lardy??
I'm sure somebody on here must own one or at least know someone who does who can put it into perspective, like I say not too worried about it not being ultra thin, but don't want something of house brick proportions.

Cheers

Steve
Old 10 March 2003, 09:37 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

1910 vs Dell PDA. Lardy The 1910 is smaller than a Palm V.

if you use google there are pics of the Dell vs other ipaqs vs loox out there.

regards,

Greg
Old 10 March 2003, 08:50 PM
Scotch Steve
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Greg,

Thanks for the photo and the pointer, I'll have a look on Google.

Cheers

Steve