Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

NE1 with a garmin gps3 plus???

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2003, 09:54 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just managed to connect mine to the pc for first time, as its a us one or whatever it is when ya zoom in on uk its blank, so got the mapsourse uk etc

how do i download uk streetmaps etc? i try to select an area, click download and it says its to big????? i cant download anything atal?

or do i have to download just a specific route?
how do they work?
Old 04 March 2003, 09:57 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

If you don't have any free memory you will be unable to download new maps.
You may have to 'delete' some of the pre-loaded maps (assuming any have been loaded of course), or buy more memory.
Old 04 March 2003, 10:01 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

hmmn didnt think they sold memory for the gps3 plus? dont think ive got anything loaded on there, wonder if i can master reset it
Old 04 March 2003, 10:12 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure if extra memory can be bought for that model, but the symptoms you describe I have observed when the memory on my Garmin EMAP is full up.
Old 04 March 2003, 10:14 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

Looks like you should have 1.44Mb of space (sounds like a floppy disk capacity to me!!).

Here's the rest of the spec for the GPS III:-
Complete with PC Interface Cable, wrist strap, user manual, Velcro mount & quick reference card
Built-in Atlantic basemap. Includes Europe, extreme western Russia, Africa, and the Middle East, and covers an area from N75 to S60 Latitude, W30 to E60 Longitude. Also included is a high-level worldwide map with political boundaries and major cities.
Accepts 1.44Mb of data from MapSource™ CD ROMs (except MetroGuide™) for enhanced mapping detail.
Change the display from vertical to horizontal orientation at the touch of a button.
Powerful PhaseTrac12™, twelve parallel channel receiver, tracks and uses up to twelve satellites for fast, accurate positioning.
Battery Life = 36 hours.
4 AA batteries or 10-40 volts DC.
Adaptable navigation page with either compass or highway steering guidance, and user selectable data fields.
Patented TrackBack™ feature lets you quickly navigate your track log back home without manually storing waypoints.
Lat./Long, British OS Grid + other grids.
Trip odometer, average and maximum speed, and start/stop trip timer.
Rugged construction with locking rubber battery cover.
Ultrasonically welded, waterproof to IPX-7 standards (at a depth of 1 metre for 30 minutes).
External antenna hookup.
Old 04 March 2003, 11:21 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

think i may of sussed my prob, to upload the uk map, they split it into say 5 0r 6 sections, i have the metroguide uk, each block is very detailed (far more than the roads and recreation uk disc)

each section is miles to big to add to mine, looks like in the bin for metroguide then, i need garmin uk roads and recreation cd.

anyone do me a ahem... copy???
Old 05 March 2003, 06:38 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

I've seen copies of lots of maps on Kazza.
Old 05 March 2003, 08:10 AM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

yea looked on kazaa lite( the same innit???) has several but not uk roads and recreation