Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

how would i got about setting up my own online shop??

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2003, 07:35 PM
JonGould
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a quick query about starting online shops.

i currently am the son of a succesful garage owner. through this garage i have recently started selling performance products.

I am also conected with Mean Street Cruise and thier website.

i am interesdted in advertising what i can supply on the net, using PayPal for secure online transactions. I would also by using this as the meanstreet shop which should open up my demand.

what im looking for is a solution to making a good online store. does anyone have any experience or ideas??
Old 16 February 2003, 09:35 PM
All Talk
Scooby Regular

Look at worldpay.com who have a software full package to give you an on-line shop. As you already run a business I guess you already have a mechant account (so can take credit cards) this means you can use some of the better packages rather than PayPal which is really designed for simpler/newer people.

Hope this helps.
Old 16 February 2003, 10:02 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

If you have the stock and looking to do it "on the cheap" then I can really recommend looking at oscommerce.com. Its a free open source one, but it 'kin rocks. Its straightforward to setup and maintain and best of all, its free. Combine this with a good but vfm host, such as phenominet.com and your rocking !

Im doing my store with it at the mo

Mail me if u have any q's

Stu
Old 17 February 2003, 12:50 PM
Carl Harvey
Scooby Regular

I've just set one up using Actinic software and Cyberware as the host. It was relatively easy but did cost approx £800 plus my time.

I appreciate there are several open source alternatives around. I had a quick look at them but felt it was too much hassle for me.

Another option I have seen locally (www.rutnet.co.uk) are sites offering the complete package at under £400. I have a friend that has been with them for a couple of years and has had no problems.

Good luck whichever route you choose.