Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

IBM T23 thro' TV

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2003, 11:37 AM
Nowucme
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone help - I want to get my laptop to display through my tele so that I can play games on a big screen!!

Laptop is an IBM T23 so decent enough and the TV is a pretty new Philips widescreen job.........

Old 06 February 2003, 12:46 PM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

I've got a T21 and have got it working through my TV. Basically, take an S-Video lead from the output on the ThinkPad to the input on the TV. Go to Display Properties in Control Panel, select Settings and then Advanced, select S3DuoVue and you should be able to click the check box for TV and the picture should appear on the TV (assuming it's on the right channel for that input source)

One thing I found was that I had to reduce the resolution on the monitor to 640x480 or 800x600, I forget which. Other than that very easy. Hopefully the T23 will be as easy!

Chris
Old 06 February 2003, 03:31 PM
Nowucme
Scooby Regular

Cheers Chris - thats jobs a good'n!

Do have to reduce the resolution to the smallest possible and even thats not quite enough.........may have to play a bit more..