Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Win2k Server / AD- resetting permissions

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2003, 10:59 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On one of our development servers, someone has done a restore of the main winnt directory. The server is the main machine in the forest so is running dns/wins etc.

However, the person restored the main winnt directory without any of the original permissions - so everyone is throughout. I believe ,talking the guy, he then booted it up normally, but as it is the main PDC (so to speak) had to be restarted into AD Recovery - where a recovery was done of the AD and now it seems to be working... however...

permissions are not set in the WINNT directory - and this effects permission for netlogon etc etc. Rebuilding the dev server at this time is not an option - and I have taken it over, and I want it to be back with the relevant permissions - any util that will do this? as I dont fancy comparing permissions to our live server, and setting them up for the winnt dir...