Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nokia 7210

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2002, 12:00 AM
Re-Volt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello .. it can play .mid or what they call polyphonic ringtones but not mp3's ... you can find some of the ring tones on for free on the net .. try at www.frostzone.com

find a ring tone with polyphonic ring available .. there is 2 ways 1) download it using the wap. never worked for me.
2) right click on the link and save target as.

following the 2nd way after you have the .mid file open the sound converter which is included in the pc .. open a .mid file and you will see the .mid channels .. now only 4 channels can be played. so the more channels the file is the harder it is to work but you can fool it .. assign 1 to a channel assign 2 for 2 channels .. 3 for another 2 channels .. and 4 for the last channel some files may not work when there is 2 channels with 4 assigned.

regards ...

[Edited by Re-Volt - 12/10/2002 12:05:50 AM]
Old 07 December 2002, 06:36 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I'm a bit thick regards phones, pictures, polyphonic ring tones and all that stuff, but what i would like to know is....

How do you get pics on to your 7210 without additional cost such as by browsing WAP services and all that kinda thing?

Any advice on how to get different ringtones onto the phone without spending something like a fiver everytime?

Any useful info on how to get the best out of the phone is appreciated.

I had a 7110 before and used Logomanager to change the pictures on screen but the new phone with colour and all that deserves pukka pictures instead of a series of dots.

Alan
Old 07 December 2002, 07:16 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Hi mate, prob not gonna be any help
I'm getting a sharp gx-1 monday and it takes polyphonic ringtones.
What i've done is save ringtones onto real player from some websites. I know you can get a data cable to go from phone to computer and I'm hoping with some software(don't know if any available?) that I can transfer these to the phone free.
Prob wont work but ther we go
James
Old 07 December 2002, 07:41 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Cheers

The 7210 has IR transfer, so shouldn't need a cable, so was hoping it would be a bit easier saving tones or pics on computer, then transferring over to phone, but don't know of any sites or ways and means of doing so.

Alan
Old 07 December 2002, 10:42 PM
Re-Volt
Scooby Regular

Smile

hi ...

download the latest nokia pc suit. go to nokia.com and select the 7210 page then software section ... there is an application included in the pc suit called image converter which will make any picture you need suits your 7210 .. then you upload to the phone using IR or MMS ..

regards ...
Old 08 December 2002, 10:20 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Brill

Many thanks. Will give it a go just now.

Alan
Old 09 December 2002, 06:25 PM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

I have downloaded the software for that phone but haven't actually tried it yet
Old 09 December 2002, 06:32 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I downloaded it yesterday on the slowest internet connection ever..... Fed up waiting on this area being able to supply broadband.

Images work okay now with easy transfer to phone.

All i need to know now is how to send different ringtones to it. Does it have to be MP3 or can i use other types?

How do i do it?

All help, gratefully received.

Alan
Old 10 December 2002, 04:08 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Thanks Re-volt

Shows how much i know about this music malarky... and my age....
Will give it a go and see how i get on.

Putting the pictures on screen works great.

Anyone else got sites to have a look at for ringtones if i manage to suss this out?

Alan