Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Integrate PDQ facility

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2002, 04:07 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone had to integrate credit card processing facility into their software?

I do not want a web based one, there are hundreds of them, need a proper windows app. that I can drive from my app via automation or command line parameters, done a STFW and haven't found anything as yet!

Gary
Old 26 November 2002, 04:14 PM
ChrisB

http://www.commidea.co.uk/

We have a customer using their WinTi application to process CCs in a retail environment. Not very elegant though.

Hence, try

http://www.energy-programming.com/

They provided the EPOS software for the shop but have written their own ActiveX controls now.

Chris.
Old 26 November 2002, 04:17 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much are you looking to spend? There's quite a few products available but I've only ever used corporate stuff which costs a bomb. If you'll be doing online authorisation you'll need to think of fraud protection such as 3D Secure or Verified by Visa which'll be available soon, that'll protect you from chargebacks should you be plagued by Nigerians

Steve.
Old 26 November 2002, 04:32 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Steve,

its for a client, its a call centre app. Ive just done, its high volume low transaction, typically <£100, they would prefer a transactional cost model, barclays do epdq for 1.25% with a £25p.m. fee but thats web based.

Thanks guys, I'll check the links out

Gary
Old 26 November 2002, 04:39 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Question

Chris,

do you know roughly how much those two solutions are? Not much info on the site for either product.

cheers

Gary
Old 26 November 2002, 04:53 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Barclays web based EPDQ is ok, although the charges can depress you over a long period of time. We're using ClearCommerce with an X.25 circuit direct to the bank with various agreements that I don't really know anything about, not being a banker. It has C, Java and XML APIs, I use the XML API over HTTP.

Why can't you use the web based PDQ version? Your desktops will talk to one installation then. I don't know what APIs it has but even if it's purely web based you could write a small module to make the correct POST/GET requests that they need? Or, write your own web based front end and have the cashiers/people that will be using it, just use their web browsers onto their POS? Of course this all assumes you're still in development and don't already have an app written which it sounds like you have

Steve.
Old 26 November 2002, 05:12 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Yes using a POST/GET was my first thought, not sure if that will work over HTTPS and besides all the docs for ePDQ dont show you how to integrate it! Yes finished development, a web based app, yeuk! cant think of anything worse but know what you mean!

cheers

Gary
Old 26 November 2002, 05:17 PM
ChrisB

Prices... sorry no.

The Commidea WinTi has been in for a couple of years now, so we (well, our customer) pays about £250 to £500 a year I think.

It uses a dial-up link to authorise the CC and then an end of day batch transfer.

Energy are pretty switched on from my dealings with them.