Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Active Directory 2k server help for revision/test

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2002, 04:15 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi all,

I have a "technical test" next week for a job interview and Im told(although apparently Im not meant to know) that it will be on Active directory or though I somewhat suspect it will be on 2k server too.

I have the mcse books from microsoft, but Im wondering what other free resources people would use - Id really like some real world type case studies if poss....

any suggestions/links appreciated

cheers

Andy
Old 26 November 2002, 05:21 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was in the same situation 2 weeks ago - had to reapply for my job and part of it was to do a presentation on Windows2000 and specifically AD.

Things to note are it's M$ and M$ cover all their products with slogans that mean bollox in the real world, things like W2K integrates with 3rd party DNS's with no issues...

LIE: W2K or specifically AD entries in DNS are difficult to manage and not **** up if using a non-windows based DNS server.

Just remember to point out that it's not perfect!

That was the main thing that I won out with against my competitors was that they all read from the Microsoft handbook and showed zero real world experience (although on paper are better qualified) they just answered all the questions with M$ answers and not real world answers..

hope that helps..
Old 26 November 2002, 05:26 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Andy, this is a useful download, it's not the usual bumph:

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/whitepapers/active_directory_win2K_paper.asp

shunty