Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MS Access Question 2

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2002, 10:02 AM
Mark Pirks
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

This is a question to do with how the operating order of access works. I have a subform which is based on a query which is based on another query which is based on a date from the main form (the subform outputs into the main form as well)

When all the queries an forms are open it works fine but if only the main form is open it doesn't - it asks me to specify a value generated in the first query.

I'm wondering whether access can only handle one step at a time does anyone know if this is just the way access works or should it be working?
Old 14 November 2002, 10:24 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

It works in the way it has to work: if you create something like this, you're forcing an execution order on it that won't work...

I think you might have to re-think the way that you're doing this to make it simpler, or at least block the forms until they are in a state that it is possible for them to populate with data.
Old 14 November 2002, 10:27 AM
ChrisB

Yup, sounds as planned to me too.

It's like you're trying to build a house but without the foundations, so Access is prompting you for the information it needs to run the query.