Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Apple really looking to be in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2016, 01:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Apple really looking to be in trouble

http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/glob...Over-Two-Years

http://www.gsmarena.com/android_mark...news-18181.php

So poor market share, massive drop in profits and only Jack saying they are doing better than ever. How long till they move into obscurity?
Old 12 May 2016, 01:31 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess the idiots have wised up to the fanboi tax and moved to android
Old 12 May 2016, 01:32 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Are you bored again.

Lets have a closer look. First paragraph "The latest smartphone OS data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech for the three months ending March 2016 shows Android continuing to grow sales across the EU5, US, and Urban China"

OK, so this is from Smartphone OS data, Android vs iOS, I got to 'Grow sales' bit and started laughing.
Old 12 May 2016, 01:34 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You should grow sales by downloading it from here https://source.android.com/ check the price list.
Old 12 May 2016, 01:36 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Don't waste your time they don't support Windows what *******.

"Android is typically built with a Linux or Mac OS operating system."
Old 12 May 2016, 01:58 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Carl Ichans pulled out
Old 12 May 2016, 02:06 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

hahah, jacks in denial
Old 12 May 2016, 02:40 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont have shares in Apple and they do the products I like, however this year I am due an upgrade on my iphone but if the rumors are correct

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/05/11/...-edge-display/

Then I might be waiting until 2017
Old 12 May 2016, 03:56 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

i think share holders are with you on that tony, 2% down today so far
Old 12 May 2016, 04:51 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tidgy
i think share holders are with you on that tony, 2% down today so far
They were doomed two weeks ago according to you, I'm still waiting for the $90 share price, it better hurry up. Now, get your finger out of the dyke and find something fun to do.
Old 12 May 2016, 11:27 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Well you didn't have to wait long. Put your money where your mouth is!!
http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aapl
http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aapl/after-hours

Last edited by jonc; 12 May 2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 13 May 2016, 08:17 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Well you didn't have to wait long. Put your money where your mouth is!!
http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aapl
http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aapl/after-hours
Wait for it, jack will be on saying 'dip yer bread' hahaha

Think he will say there doing better than ever if it hit sank like the titanic? play on boys nothing to see here
Old 13 May 2016, 10:46 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

still slowly dropping, $89.79 now

So will jack put his money where his mouth is?
Old 13 May 2016, 12:03 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

On a Friday, before the market is open, probably not. 80% of my stock is in Facebook right now and they're quite likely going to do better than Apple over the weekend. I can't see it going down a lot more, I wish it was closer to the developer conference as new products initially scare the market and I obviously want to buy as low as possible.

Old 13 May 2016, 12:04 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Try to take the **** as much as you want, but if you'd followed my advice you'd be quids in.
Old 13 May 2016, 12:09 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Try to take the **** as much as you want, but if you'd followed my advice you'd be quids in.
So are you going to put your money where your mouth is and buy into AAPL like you said you would when it reached $90? Or have you lost your confidence in Apple?
Old 13 May 2016, 12:36 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

So are you going to put your money where your mouth is and buy into AAPL like you said you would when it reached $90? Or have you lost your confidence in Apple?
Indeed
Old 13 May 2016, 01:02 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I'm pretty sure I've explained that it won't be happening this weekend and that Apple stock has not yet reached $90... but hopefully will.

You need to be looking at the Pre Market not the After Hours.

90.34USD Price decrease2.17 (2.35%)
Pre-market: 90.02Price decrease0.32 (0.35%)

Thanks for the alerts though, really helps.
Old 13 May 2016, 01:09 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

price has recovered slightly from earlier jack, was down to $89.70 at one point

you missed the below 90 sheep truck
Old 13 May 2016, 01:20 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

$89.93 jack, get buying
Old 13 May 2016, 01:22 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You don't understand how it works. Come back in 12 months, see how your money could have done.

I should also add that if you think I'll be posting any form of proof of purchase you're wrong.
Old 13 May 2016, 01:31 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Gutless!
Old 13 May 2016, 01:34 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Gutless!
Sensible more like. Luckily I'm also honest.
Old 13 May 2016, 01:43 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Sensible more like. Luckily I'm also honest.
Well if even the likes of you have lost confidence in AAPL in such a short time, surely this is the beginning of the end! The trends don't lie!

I don't blame you though. Apple has ploughed over hundred billion of borrowed dollars in its share buyback scheme to boost its stock and dividends. Its a debt laden strategy where it not only started buying its own stock at peak price but along with the inflated stock price having to pay out huge dividends to its investors. Firms usually embark on a buyback programme as they believe their stock is undervalued. Unfortunately the market doesn't share the same sentiment. When Apple started their buyback programme in 2012, their share price was around $90 per share, four years on the share value has not increased and is the same as when it started this programme. Yet despite this, Tim Cook has committed more borrowing to a cumulative total of $200bn to the buyback programme to 2017.

In my opinion, what Apple should be doing is instead of spending billions on buying back its shares is to spend that on research and development and innovation on its product lines. So far we've seen a decline in its market share and growth because the new products they keep releasing are generally not much different to the previous version. Consumers as a result have lost its enthusiasm (except for you Jack!) for Apple products, its drop in revenue reflects this.

Having said that, I'm not saying that Tim Cook is the next John Sculley and nor do I think Apple are in any danger of evaporating. But I do think Apple have reached its peak, it is an inevitability.
Old 13 May 2016, 02:36 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were doomed two weeks ago according to you, I'm still waiting for the $90 share price, it better hurry up. Now, get your finger out of the dyke and find something fun to do.
Whilst I agree that Apple are not going to go bust any time soon, surely even you must concede that since Stevie boy popped his clogs, the company has taken directions he probably would not have allowed, and they are not a strong as they used to be.

I was reading an article the other day about the stuff the are doing now that is starting to grate on consumers, and some other stuff which Jobs would simply have not stood for with regards to how they make things.

They are a victim of their own success in some ways. I don't doubt Apple will be a huge strong company for many years, but their heyday could certainly have passed.
Old 14 May 2016, 11:47 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Well if even the likes of you have lost confidence in AAPL in such a short time, surely this is the beginning of the end! The trends don't lie!

I don't blame you though. Apple has ploughed over hundred billion of borrowed dollars in its share buyback scheme to boost its stock and dividends. Its a debt laden strategy where it not only started buying its own stock at peak price but along with the inflated stock price having to pay out huge dividends to its investors. Firms usually embark on a buyback programme as they believe their stock is undervalued. Unfortunately the market doesn't share the same sentiment. When Apple started their buyback programme in 2012, their share price was around $90 per share, four years on the share value has not increased and is the same as when it started this programme. Yet despite this, Tim Cook has committed more borrowing to a cumulative total of $200bn to the buyback programme to 2017.

In my opinion, what Apple should be doing is instead of spending billions on buying back its shares is to spend that on research and development and innovation on its product lines. So far we've seen a decline in its market share and growth because the new products they keep releasing are generally not much different to the previous version. Consumers as a result have lost its enthusiasm (except for you Jack!) for Apple products, its drop in revenue reflects this.

Having said that, I'm not saying that Tim Cook is the next John Sculley and nor do I think Apple are in any danger of evaporating. But I do think Apple have reached its peak, it is an inevitability.
"except for you Jack!" I bought a Watch over a year ago, I wouldn't call myself an enthusiastic consumer, enthusiastic user for sure, I enthusiastically created a wonderful wired and wireless network yesterday for a customer that had been struggling with cheap things that 'do the same without the marketing' I have the same network in my house, but mine's much older, the new products were much improved, but you'd have people believe they were the same due to lack of R&D.

Anyway, here's some reading for you http://www.aboveavalon.com/notes/201...ivot-is-coming
Old 14 May 2016, 12:06 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Geezer
Whilst I agree that Apple are not going to go bust any time soon, surely even you must concede that since Stevie boy popped his clogs, the company has taken directions he probably would not have allowed, and they are not a strong as they used to be.

I was reading an article the other day about the stuff the are doing now that is starting to grate on consumers, and some other stuff which Jobs would simply have not stood for with regards to how they make things.

They are a victim of their own success in some ways. I don't doubt Apple will be a huge strong company for many years, but their heyday could certainly have passed.
It was a long time ago and a lot of great things as well as things Jobs wouldn't have liked have happened, what you're suffering from is taking too much notice of the vocal minority and a lack of understanding that bad news sells for the media. Stating that something is good leads to beratement, look at how hounded I am on here, it doesn't sell adverts.
Old 14 May 2016, 12:08 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's hope apple don't drop a customers I pod in a pothole while it's in for repair.
Imagine the fanboi thread.....
Old 14 May 2016, 02:08 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Anyway, here's some reading for you http://www.aboveavalon.com/notes/201...ivot-is-coming
Makes for a great and encouraging read if you're a Apple fanboy since it's written by a hardcore Apple fanboy. If this article is such great news, why haven't you piled into AAPL? Let's look at Apples previous "pivots", wearables has been a flop for Apple since the Watch has failed to live up to expectations and Apple Pay is hardly a barnstoming success either. Speculation on Apple's next pivot may be an electric car. If true, they are up against hugely established competition. I always go for the underdogs but this may be a stretch too far. I hope they succeed as more competition drives innovation.
Old 14 May 2016, 02:52 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I only looked at the pictures.

This was my favourite

It shows spending in R&D ramping up nicely and shows how spending $100 billion extra is ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Apple really looking to be in trouble