Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Stone chips

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2011, 04:00 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stone chips

Having recently bought a new car I have noticed that the quality of the paint is superb compared to the Imprezas. However as is inevitable it has a few stone chips that I want to sort out.

I have just given it a quick wash and the water around the chips dissipated on every single one. Anyone know why this is?

Anyway I have a touch up pen and want to see what methods people have to combat these.

Im thinking about using washing up liquid to get rid of any polish/LSP, blob the touch up pen on, leave it a week and then polish down to the rest of the paint to even it up. Is that pretty much it and what polish would people recommend. AG Super resin polish is readily available but is there anything better? I have tried this in the past and the only issue I have is that it is very difficult to get it flat as the touch up paint is softer and tends to wear down a fraction lower than the level of the paint. Would using an applicator pad rather than a cloth sort this out? Something like this and some sort of pad?

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ads-cat11.html

I also have a few very light swirl marks that need to be taken car of so if there is something that is suitable for both that would be great.